CALL FOR PAPERS AND INVITATION
National Conference on Inclusive Education 2016
Kenya Institute of Special Education (KISE) is a semi-autonomous government agency of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST), established through Legal Notice No. 17 of 14th February 1986. The key functions of the institute are Special Needs Education Teacher Training, Educational Assessment for learners with special needs, Research, Production of Adapted Education Resources and dissemination of information on special needs and disability to the general public.
The Institute plans to hold a Conference that seeks to bring together Educationists, Researchers, Scholars and Development Partners to deliberate on experiences, current trends and practices in Inclusive Education and identify opportunities for a robust Inclusive Education agenda, with a focus on putting The SDGs into Action through the following themes:
- Policies and Legislation for Inclusive Education.
- Inclusive Practices in Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Teacher Training for Inclusive Education
- Financing Inclusive Education
- Role of Development Partners in Inclusive Education
- Assistive Technology and Inclusive Education
- Curriculum design, implementation and evaluation
- Learner experiences and Voices in Inclusive Education
- Role of media in promotion of Inclusive Education
- Management, leadership and governance
- Abstract Submission by Thursday, 28th January 2016
- Final paper submission by Thursday, 11th February 2016
- Conference dates – Thursday 17th and Friday 18th March 2016
The institute invites all interested persons to attend the conference. KISE is an Inclusive Institution and persons with disabilities are encouraged to submit papers and attend.
- Conference venue- Nairobi.
- Registration fee – Ksh 2,500
- Student Registration Fee – Ksh 1,000
- Cheques be submitted to KISE.
Pay Bill Number: 851201 Account Number: IECO2016
The registration fee for participants includes:
- Admission to all sessions
- Lunches and coffee/tea during breaks
- Conference materials
- Cock tail party on closing evening
5,420 total views, 3 views today